This event page records upcoming hearings and in person judicial conferences for the Waitangi Tribunal. These are updated on a regular basis.
Porirua ki Manawatū District Inquiry: Upcoming 2018 hearings
Venues will be advised here on our website, and via memorandum-directions from the Presiding Officer, in due course.
Te Ātiawa / Ngāti Awa ki Kapiti hearings
- Hearing Week 1: 20 – 24 August 2018
- Hearing Week 2: 1 – 5 October 2018
- Hearing Week 3: 11 – 15 February 2019
- Contact: For further information, please do not hesitate to email the Inquiry Facilitator, Te Amohaere Reihana at TeAmohaere.Hauiti-Parapara@justice.govt.nz
Wider inquiry hearings (including Ngāti Raukawa and affiliated groups)
- Currently scheduled to begin in March 2019
Taihape: Rangitīkei ki Rangipō District Inquiry: Upcoming hearings
- Hearing Week 8 (southern claims): 17 – 21 September 2018. Venue: Rātā Marae
- Hearing Week 9 (Crown and technical evidence): 10 – 14 December 2018. Venue: Rongomaraeroa-o-Nga-Hau e Wha Marae
- Hearing Week 10 (claimant closings): 18 – 22 March 2019. Venue: To be confirmed
- Hearing Week 11 (Crown closings): 13 – 17 May 2019. Venue: To be confirmed
Contact: For further information, please do not hesitate to email the Inquiry Facilitator, Sarah Miller at Sarah.Miller@justice.govt.nz
Health Services and Outcomes Inquiry
- Tribunal: Judge Stephen Clark (Presiding Officer); Associate Professor Tom Roa, Tania Simpson, Dr Angela Ballara, Professor Linda Tuhiwai Smith
- Hearing weeks 1-3: 15-19 October, 23–26 October, 1-2 November 2018. Venue: Tūrangawaewae Marae
- Closing Submissions: 17-18 December 2018. Venue: Waitangi Tribunal Office, Wellington.
- Contact: For further information, please do not hesitate to email Inquiry Facilitators, Sarah Miller and Lucy Reid at Sarah.Miller@justice.govt.nz and Lucy.Reid@justice.govt.nz